Grants Will Achieve Cavity-Free Kids, Healthy Ohioans, and Safe Elders.
CINCINNATI, Ohio –
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio (HealthPath) recently awarded $144,000 in grants to 18 organizations dedicated to improving community health in southwest Ohio. The grants are part of HealthPath’s Community Connections initiative, which awarded 22 grants this year totaling $176,000 to Ohio nonprofit organizations. The grants offer general operating support of $8,000 over two years.
“Improving health takes a combination of system- and community-designed solutions,” said Eric DeWald, president of HealthPath. “Our Community Connections initiative helps lay the groundwork for bringing community partners together to improve the people’s health. We are proud to partner with these exemplary nonprofit organizations to help all Ohioans reach their fullest health potential.”
The 2020 Community Connections initiative focuses on organizations that have strong community engagement strategies and achieve one of HealthPath’s results areas of Cavity-Free Kids to ensure Ohio’s children ages 0–12 have healthy mouths; Healthy Ohioans to ensure residents have access to the services they need to be healthy, including access to care and healthy food; and Age-Friendly Communities to ensure older adults live and participate in communities to their fullest potential, free from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
The 2020 grantees creating Healthy Ohioans include:
· Asian Community Alliance (serving Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties)
· Beech Acres Parenting Center (serving Hamilton and Warren Counties)
· Caracole, Inc. (serving Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland and Warren Counties)
· Focus on Youth, Inc. (serving Butler County)
· Global Music & Wellness (serving Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren Counties)
· Hamilton Urban Garden Systems (serving Butler County)
· HOPE Community Center (serving Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties)
· Neighborhood Allies (serving Hamilton County)
· Scioto Christian Ministry/Scioto County Homeless Shelter (serving Scioto County)
· Senior Resource Connection (serving Greene County)
· Strategies to End Homelessness (serving Hamilton County)
· The Community Builders (serving Hamilton County)
· The HealthCare Connection (serving Hamilton County)
· Walnut Hills Redevelopment Foundation (serving Hamilton County)
· Women Helping Women (serving Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont and Hamilton Counties)
· YMCA of Greater Dayton (serving Greene County)
The 2020 grantee creating Age-Friendly Communities includes:
· Evanston Community Council (serving Hamilton County)
The 2020 grantee creating Healthy Ohioans and Age-Friendly Communities includes:
· Southern Ohio Senior Games (serving Scioto County)
Since the Community Connections program began in 2012, HealthPath has awarded over $1.8 million through 198 grants to organizations throughout Ohio.