Emerging Health Leader Scholarship
The HealthPath Foundation of Ohio is pleased to announce the inaugural Emerging Health Leader Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to high school seniors living within the Foundation’s 36-county service area who are involved in a Health Professions Affinity Community (HPAC) or health professions club.
The Emerging Leader Scholarship was created to student engagement in pressing community health concerns and health careers. In 2019, HealthPath will award two (2) scholarships of $1,500 each to high school seniors who have made strong progress in addressing local community health concerns through their HPAC or health professions club project and who hold aspirations to become a health care professional in the future.
The scholarship may be used for any post-secondary, health-related degree or certificate program leading to a career in primary, dental, behavioral, specialty, or other health care.
Health care professional careers include, but are not necessarily limited to:
||Family Medicine Physician
||Healthcare Social Worker
|Clinical Lab Technician
||Occupational Therapy Assistant
||Public Health Epidemiologist
||Public Health Nurse
|Dental Lab Technician
|Environmental Health Practitioner
||Physical Therapy Assistant
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a high school senior, graduating in spring 2019
- Currently attend a high school in HealthPath’s service area
- Be an active member of an HPAC or health professions club within their school or community
- Provide evidence of being accepted to a post-secondary degree or certificate program, including at a college or university, community college, vocational or trade school, etc.
- Be able to secure a letter of recommendation from their HPAC or health professions club advisor, such as an HPAC Specialist, AmeriCorps member, or designated adult leader of the club. This letter should note the applicant’s contributions to the HPAC and the community.
To renew a scholarship, the recipient must:
- Make satisfactory progress toward completing a health-related certificate or degree program
- Engage in volunteer or paid work in their college community around a health-related topic
- Reapply every year by the deadline
How to Apply
Applications, including a letter of recommendation from the club advisor and proof of admission to a post-secondary program, are due Sunday, April 7, 2019, by midnight. Applications must be made through our online application.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact Tara Behanan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-768-6139.
HealthPath will announce the scholarship award winners at the HPAC Scholar’s Day in late April 2019.